Saturday, July 17, 2010

Do-Over


I love sports....especially watching football, then playing golf. I was not a great football player during jr. high and high school mainly because I was not driven to be the best and my size (short and very thin) afforded me plenty of excuses.

But something happened my freshman year in college as I grew taller, gained more confidence and became a decent receiver in "flag football". I realize flag football is a long way from the real thing but that little bit of confidence made me wish I could get a "do-over" and go back to high school and get serious about football. It also gave me more boldness in my life that impacted me for years to come.

I guess we all wish we had at least one "do-over" in life. But, no matter what your current situation, you have this moment in time to make the right decision. As you continue making right choices you gain confidence and with confidence you start believing anything is possible.

I like what a former boss of mine (Dave South) sent to me: "Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional."

2 comments:

  1. Nice thoughts Rick! Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. Keep writing these. I thought you played football in high school, though. D.

    ReplyDelete